Saturday, May 23, 2009

combat chicks

By now, we've all caught on to the Dr. Marten trend. But for me, it was always the outsider characters in books who were man enough to wear them (i say man enough because often the characters were trying to avoid the feminine stereotype) Anyway, there has been a recent rise in the combat boot where we're seeing girls in lace socks and ruffle dresses pull them off with ease. I love the look but unfortunately i have been looking for a vintage pair for months with no luck - i think it's much more authentic then buying a shiny new pair. I saw these boots the other day @UrbanOutfitters - they are made to look vintage, and i like that they can be folded down - but let's face it, they aren't necessarily 'combat'



I decided to check out the doc marten website and found this wide aray of colours. What do you think? The short boots sell for around $110 and the tall for around $120.





I don't know that I'm sold on the brights and patterned boots. For over $100 dollars i know that i would never get enough wear out of them. I love the mettalics though!! They are definitely played down - which i like... suttleness makes them work with any outfit over and over again. As for the skeleton boots - I had to include them. How many of you now know how next years halloween costume is going to be complete!?

No comments:

Post a Comment